Canusa Wrapid Bond
A viscous-elastic adhesive based system for pipeline corrosion protection
Wrapid Bond™ is a wraparound corrosion protective coating consisting of a modified and reinforced visco-elastic adhesive applied onto a polyethylene carrier film. Supplied in roll form, Wrapid Bond™ provides effective corrosion protection by providing a barrier to water and oxygen. Wrapid Bond™ is for use on aboveground and underground pipelines.
- Adhesion & Creep Resistance: The specially formulated adhesive bonds tenaciously to even the most difficult substrates and provides good elevated temperature creep resistance and resistance to soil stresses. Improved soil stress resistance is achieved with the installation of WrapidCoat™ outer wrap.
- Wide Range of Applications: Wrapid Bond™ is ideally suited for a diverse range of pipeline applications including: coating repair on new pipeline construction; transition areas from above to below ground pipelines; special sections such as bends, tees, flanges, etc.; rehabilitation of existing pipelines.
- Long-Term Corrosion Protection: The thick layer of adhesive provides a tough barrier to water and oxygen which provides effective corrosion protection.
- Saves Time & Money:
- Long shelf-life (does not harden)
- Various widths available with convenient roll lengths for ease of inventory
- Fast installation with excellent adhesion on steel and many other base surfaces without
- Self-healing ability when slightly damaged due to plastic-elastic properties
- No drying or hardening time
- Impermeable to water and oxygen
- Part of a Complete Line of Wrapid™ Products: CANUSA-CPS products such as Wrapid Sleeve™, CanusaWrap™, CanusaTube™, and Wrapid Tape™ have been oil, gas and civil infrastructure industry standards for many years. The Wrapid Bond™ product line also includes a supplementary outer wrap, Wrapid Coat™. The outer wrap provides supplementary soil stress resistance.