- Bridge Products
- Casing Products
- Cathodic Protection
- Class I / DIV.I Lighting
- Coatings and Linings
- CP / Tracer Wire
- Damage Prevention
- Isolation Joints
- Liquid Coatings
- Markers & Test Stations
- Pipeline Pigs
- Pipe Storage and Transport Products
- Rehabilitation Products
- Rock Shields
- Spray Application
- Tellus Underground Technology
Tapecoat Rugged Wrap - UV Resistant
A 30 mil UV resistant mesh weave fiberglass wrap that offers additional mechanical protection for protective coatings.
RUGGED WRAP – a 30 mil UV resistant mesh weave fiberglass wrap that offers additional mechanical protection for protective coatings.
This moisture activated non- shielding overwrap will give coatings and structures increased protection from exposure to abrasion, soil stress, frost heave and mechanical damage above and below grade.
Available in many aesthetically pleasing colors including: Silver, White, Yellow, Blue, Black. Other colors upon request.
Rugged Wrap maximum service temperature is 350°F (176°C).
Note: Rugged Wrap is a mechanical protective overwrap; it is not a corrosion preventative coating.
Classified by a UN:
- Rubber Gloves
- Water and container or cup for water
- Scissors or Knife
- Wearing gloves, submerge Rugged Wrap in water until the tape is completely wet (about 30 seconds).
- Remove the tape from the water and squeeze excess water from roll. Apply tape by hand with a 50% overlap.
- Apply tape in a Spiral Wrap whenever possible.
- Use hand pressure to seal and smooth out wrinkles.
- Rugged Wrap will harden in less then 60 minutes at 70°F (21°C).
Average Coverage Material Per 10 Feet of Pipe
Pipe OD 50% Overlap
2"OD 10 sq. ft.
4" OD 30 sq. ft.
6" OD 40 sq. ft.